Monday, March 10, 2014

Medical Update

This winter has been rough on many fronts. I have been experiencing intestinal issues that I don't like, such as incredible waves of nausea and intestinal rumblings. I had a CT scan a few weeks ago and there are two tumors that have increased slightly in size and I know exactly which ones they are, the one on the top left that sometimes gets jammed up under my ribcage and the other is on my lower left side, otherwise, everything flows properly in between. The first time, one of the things I noticed was a gradual weight lose and then the tumors started to grow again, it's happened again, this is something I'll mention to my doctor. It might have something to due with the fact that at some point during the evolution of this disease you can't eat much, I nibble during the day instead of eating three meals.
I hope to hold surgery at bay until fall or winter if possible. In the meantime I'm getting everything ready so my children will be able to manage the household while I'm in the hospital. While I'm not looking forward to the inevitable, I do look forward to getting the hernia fixed and having the tumors removed, to be honest I have been lugging them around for 4 1/2 years and it will be a relief to have them gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment