Saturday, December 29, 2012

Personal Note

I haven't posted any personal comments in awhile and I have a few things to say.
First, I'm glad the President was re-elected. Second, I am disgusted by the republican party and third, my heart goes out to all of the families that have lost children due to gun violence not only at Sandy Hook, but across the country.

I have not been feeling well since earlier this month, I've been battling nausea, dizziness, fatigue, dehydration and weakness. I called my doctor and he ordered a CT scan which will be next week, the office will let me know what they find and schedule an appointment if necessary. My last CT scan was in May and everything had been stabilize for a year. It's been three years since the last surgery, the fact that I've been able to go this long has been a miracle and a blessing. I have not gained any weight which is a good thing, I've been losing weight because I'm not really eating, which could mean that my intestines are being pinched, this causes a bowel obstruction, which is the leading cause of death with pseudomyxoma peritonei. So, I'm not taking any chances, in addition the hernia has been making gurgling noises lately and I have a feeling it could be the reason surgery happens sooner than later. I would rather have surgery during the Winter and be on the mend by Spring, that way I can get ready to sell for the Summer and Fall season at the Market. With the tumors gone and the hernia fixed, I'll be able to get more work done and not have to contend with obstacles they impose. To be honest, I tend to forget I have a serious illness because by and large I can function on a normal level, but as the disease progresses, I'm reminded that I need to take it seriously. I am truly blessed to have the health care I need to survive and the benefits I need to stay alive, without them I would lose everything.

I better get busy, I have much to do just in case I do need surgery. I'll update next week after my appointments. Have a happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment