Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Suffer The Lowly And The Poor

Staggering News

I watched the news last night and the reporters seemed dumbfounded by the proposal put forth by Paul Ryan, another nugget of joy from Wisconsin. Why should they be surprised by the utter lack of humanity from elected officials? I often wonder, what is their reward for being so cruel? How do they sleep at night, is their conscience so calloused that they don't see the pain they are inflicting on people? The stress they heap on us is criminal, it's psychological torture and it has real consequences. That's why I had to take some time off, the stress was overwhelming and affecting my health and sanity. I really believe we are being strangled, their hands are on our throats and they are squeezing us from every angle. From what I can tell, there is nothing left untouched by their proposals and Bills. Where are we suppose to go, what are we suppose to do when everything is being dismantled? The list of damage done to us is staggering and there seems to be no end in sight.

Their World Scares Me

The world that the 'powers that be'... is creating, terrifies me. I see large scale homelessness, starvation, rampant diseases, the dead and dying languishing while the privileged few have it all and then some. Politicians talk about it being a 'moral imperative' that the country balances the budget so our children and grandchildren are not saddled with the debt. This world that they are now creating would be more terrifying than having debt, the world they seem so bent on getting, puts our children and grandchildren at risk in so many other ways that it is actually immoral.

I find it totally hypocritical when politicians mention the Bible and go to the churches to drum up support for their campaigns, Jesus condemned this. They claim to be followers of Christ and yet deny those that Jesus loved and cared for. Jesus cured the sick, went without sleep and food in order to do so. Yet those that claim to be political christian leaders would rather sign our death warrant then expend themselves on our behalf. And it's not just the politicians, it's also people of power and wealth that feel entitled to use us up and spit us out. They give us just enough to keep us happy and content so we don't see what they are really doing. I am aware that this is nothing new, this is how it has been done since the beginning of time, but now, I'm paying attention because my life is on the line and this affects my son as well. I am only one person with little means, how do I fight against so many with deep pockets and no humanity?

Really, What Can I Do?

As I mentioned before, I am not political, but I do care about my fellow human beings. I cry like a baby when I see people suffering and in need. My instinct is to roll up my sleeves and get the job done, so there is comfort not distress. I admit, I have strayed from my faith over the past several years, I actually do know why things are as they are. So I am not surprised by the actions of the powerful. I do find comfort knowing that the haughty will be humbled and the humble will be ex halted. So while the wealthy and powerful continue to gather all the worlds riches, in the day of judgment when they throw their gold and silver into the streets to save their lives, God will laugh at them. Not a position I would want to do be! 

The only thing I really can do is to continue to post information as I receive it from the health care advocacy groups, so you will be up to date on meetings and town halls. My goal is to attend a budget hearing with my representative this month and hope that the town hall with Dennis Smith will be rescheduled, it will be an opportunity to plead my case and hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears. Plus, I will let you know what changes have been made to our health care, nothing has changed yet since the budget repair bill is being litigated, but the budget bill will be debated soon and that is just as damaging to Medicaid. And now we have the added threat of Paul Ryan's 'Path to Prosperity'. I can only hope that reasonable officials will stand up for those that can't.

Thank you for your time today.

Dorinne

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to do it alone. I am fighting too. So are the people canvassing for recalls. I heard from a volunteer that an 11 year old kid was phone banking for Kloppenburg last week. This is going to be a long fight, but there is hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete